Even when using the Safari browser to access Facebook, iPhone always opens the mobile version of the social network. But, there is still a workaround listed below that allows iPhone users to access Facebook’s desktop version.
Access Facebook Desktop Version on iPhone and iPad
The majority of users typically utilise the Facebook App to access Facebook on iPhone and iPad, which always loads the mobile version of the social media site.
Even though Facebook’s mobile app is quick and lets you utilise the most of its social media capabilities, it lacks access to some settings and functionality that are exclusive to the desktop app.
As a result, we have included below 3 different methods for getting Facebook’s desktop version on an iPad or iPhone.
1. Type URL to Access Facebook Desktop Version on iPhone
You should be able to access the desktop version of Facebook if you are already logged in to Facebook (through the Facebook App) by typing the precise URL of the Facebook Desktop Login page in the Facebook search bar.
1. On your iPhone, launch the Facebook app to access the mobile version of Facebook (m.facebook.com).
2. When arriving at the Facebook mobile website, tap the search icon in the top-right corner.
3. Enter https://www.facebook.com/login.php on the following screen.
and then hit the “Go” button, in the search bar.
2. Open Facebook Desktop Version on iPhone Using Safari Browser
You should be directed to Facebook’s full desktop version on your iPhone after pressing this. If this doesn’t work, you can try some of the other strategies listed below.
Requesting the desktop version of any webpage is an option in the Safari browser for the iPhone and iPad.
1. On your iPhone, launch the Safari browser and go to www.facebook.com.
2. While on Facebook, click the AA icon in the URL and choose the Request Desktop Website option from the drop-down menu.
3. This will bring up a reduced and difficult to read version of Facebook on your computer.
3. Open Facebook Desktop Version on iPhone Using Chrome Browser
You can resolve this problem by moving your iPhone to landscape mode, which should give you a clear view of the website and enable Facebook Desktop site login.
You may view Facebook’s Full Desktop Version on an iPhone running Google Chrome by selecting the Request Desktop option in the browser.
1. On your iPhone, open the Chrome browser. Type facebook.com in the search field and hit the Go button. You will then be sent to Facebook’s mobile website (m.facebook.com).
2. When accessing Facebook’s mobile version, hit the three dots in the top-right corner and choose the Desktop Site option from the drop-down menu.
3. This will instantly send you to the Facebook login page on Facebook’s desktop version (facebook.com)
As you can see, Facebook’s desktop version has small, difficult-to-read text. By switching your iPhone to Landscape mode, you can resolve this problem.