New cumulative update KB5007262 for Windows 11 has been made available by Microsoft. After the November 2021 Patch Tuesday update, Windows 11 began to experience issues in a number of applications, including Snipping Tool, in the first week of November. The bug involved certificates that became invalid and resulted in software crashes or BSODs (Blue Screen of Death). Fortunately, the Windows 11 KB5007262 update for Windows Insider users fixes these problems. Learn how to get the Windows 11 KB5007262 update in this post to resolve BSOD and app crash issues.
Download Windows 11 KB5007262 update to fix BSOD and App Crash Issues
Microsoft’s bug report states that the aforementioned flaw caused Microsoft Installer (MSI) to fail. According to the Windows developer’s results, Kaspersky security solutions are present in the impacted programmes. When a user tries to update an affected software, repair it using Windows Settings, or use the Troubleshooter, the programmes are stated to crash.
Thus, Microsoft has provided a workaround for these problems that are causing a number of the operating system’s apps to crash through the KB5007262 update for Windows 11. The operating system gets upgraded to Windows 11 Build 22000.348 with the help of this update, which is accessible for Insiders to download.
It is crucial to remember that this update is currently only accessible to beta testers, but it should be made available to everyone soon. You can also manually download this update, though. Do the actions outlined below.
How to download and install Cumulative Update KB5007262 on Windows 11
This upgrade is not automatically available to the stable channel, as was already indicated. It is a preview update that needs to be manually installed, thus you need do the following:
- First of all, open the Settings App by pressing Windows+I keys together.
- After that click on Windows Update at the left pane bottom side.
- Click on Check for Updates button and you will see a new update (KB5007262) appearing with a Download and Install button, simply click on the same button.
- The update will now start to download and install on your Windows 11 PC.
- Once the installation is completed, restart your PC to apply the update.
- Otherwise, if the update KB5007262 is not showing on your computer, you can also try to download it manually by clicking on this link.
That is all there is to know about downloading the Windows 11 KB5007262 update to fix app crashes and BSODs. Visit our Windows 11 instructions section on TechNClub.com right now for additional tips & tricks for Windows 11.