Media projection from a MacBook to a TV is really simple using Google’s Chromecast device. The instructions for setting up and using Chromecast on a Mac are listed below.
Setup and Use Chromecast On Mac
In the past, installing the Chromecast app on a computer and finishing the setup procedure on a MacBook were the only ways to establish Chromecast on Mac.
The only option to set up a Chromecast device at the moment is to download the Google Home app on a mobile device since the Chromecast App is no longer accessible for download on computers.
Your mobile phone and the Home App are no longer necessary to cast media from your MacBook to a TV using Chromecast once the setup process is complete.
Now that we have this knowledge, let’s look at how to use Chromecast on a MacBook.
1. Attach Chromecast Device to TV
The Chromecast device must first be connected to your home television.
1. Connect the USB end of the Chromecast to USB power adapter and the HDMI end of the Google Chromecast device to the HDMI port on your home TV (See image below).
2. Next, modify the source input on your TV using the remote control of your home television to match the HDMI port (HDMI 1, HDMI 2) where the Chromecast device is connected in.
Note:Pressing the InputorSource button on the majority of remote controls will change the input source.
Make sure the television display switches to the chosen HDMI Port by pressing the corresponding button on the remote control.
2. Setup Chromecast Using Google Home App
The Chromecast device must then be configured using the Google Home app on your smartphone or tablet.
The Mobile Device is simply necessary for the setup process, as was already said, after which you may use Chromecast directly on your MacBook.
1. Download the Google Home app from the App Store on your iPhone.
2. Open the Home App after downloading it, then touch Agree to accept the terms and conditions.
3. Choose the Set up 1 device option from the Home Screen.
4. Choose Home and then press Next on the following screen.
5. Hold off till the Google Home App locates your Chromecast device before tapping Agree to proceed.
6. You should now be able to see aCode on the screens of your phone and TV. If you can see the code on the TV screen, click Yes.
7.To proceed to the following step, select either Yes, I’m in or No thanks on the following screen.
8. Tap on Next after choosing a location for your Chromecast device.
9. Choose your WiFi network and touch Next on the following screen.
10. Enter your WiFi network password to complete the Chromecast setup procedure.
3. Download and Install Google Chrome
If Google’s Chrome browser is already installed on your MacBook, you may skip this step. Otherwise, download and install Google’s Chrome browser on your Mac by following the instructions below.
1. Open the Google Chrome website in the Safari browser and download the most recent Google Chrome for Mac.
2. Double-click the downloaded Google Chrome.dmg file to launch it on your Computer.
3. Transfer Google Chrome to your Mac’s Applications folder.
The Chrome browser is now installed and available for use on your Mac.
4. How to Use Chromecast on MacBook
To use Chromecast on a Mac, all you have to do is open the Cast option in the Chrome browser.
1. Launch Google Chrome on your Laptop.
2. Choose the “Cast” option from the drop-down menu by clicking the “3-dots menu” icon.
3. YouTube videos and Netflix movies will now play on the bigger screen of your home television when you play them on your MacBook.
Another method for projecting from a MacBook to a TV is to begin watching a video or movie on your computer and then click the Cast icon in the top-right corner of the screen.
Note:Only YouTube, Netflix, and other compatible Apps display the Cast Icon.