Issues with Facebook privacy and who gets access to user data have existed for a while. The most prominent social media website frequently offered clarifications on this subject.
Nevertheless, a large portion of Internet users worldwide continues to worry about this.
Maybe this will finally bring us together on the same page. Here, we’ll go over how to remove or deactivate your Facebook account on your computer as well as your iPhone.
Facebook Account Deactivation vs. Facebook Account Deletion When You Deactivate Your Account,
- Only you have access to your private Facebook profile.
- The majority of the internet locations where your profile appeared will delete references to you as well as any photographs or other content you may have posted.
- You can utilize Messenger if you wish to.
- Messages and other types of data will be hidden.
- Your name will appear on your friend list.
- Your name, postings, and comments will all be visible to the administrators of each group in your profile.
- The moment your account is deleted
- At this moment, your account has been permanently disabled. (if logged in throughout the following 30 days)
- After you terminate your account, all of your content, including any uploads, will be deleted forever.
- It is not possible to use Instagram or other comparable programs that require logging in with a Facebook account.
- For you, Messenger won’t function. In any case, the messages you send to your friends will still be visible to them in their own chats.
On an iPhone or iPad, How can you deactivate or delete your Facebook account?
1. The iPhone’s browser can be used to visit the Facebook app.
- Tap the icon that resembles three parallel lines to open the menu.
- Click Privacy & Settings at the bottom of the page to access these options.
- Select Preferences from the menu.
- Click on Ownership and Control of Your Account by going down.
- Select “Off” and “Delete.
- You can deactivate your account by clicking “Deactivate Account.”
- Tap Next to complete deactivating your account.
- On the next page, enter your password and choose the explanation that best describes your situation when Facebook asks you to choose a reason for deactivating your account, then click Proceed.
- If you’re certain, click Continue once more.
- To deactivate your account if you must take a break, click the Deactivate My Account button.
- Select Account Deletion, then press the Continue button.
- On the following screen, you can make certain changes if you don’t want Facebook to permanently deactivate your account.
- If you are certain that you wish to delete the account, click Proceed to Account Deletion once more.
- To download a copy of your posts, cover photographs, and other information, select Download Profile.
- Avoid making backups. Simply remove your account. Please enter your password and select Continue to continue.
- Finally, to permanently delete the account, utilize the Delete Account button.
How Do I Permanently Delete My Facebook Account On A Computer?
- Visit the Remove Your Account page to permanently delete your Facebook account.
- Please enter your email address and password to access your account.
- Select the Account Removal link. If you merely want to temporarily stop using Facebook, select “Deactivate Account.”
- Enter your passphrase, then click the Continue button.
- To finalize the deletion, select Delete Account one more time.