Perhaps you feel the need to spend less time oversharing your life online and more time really living your life with the people you care about as a result of the recent epidemic of “doom-scrolling” or the disturbing revelations about the toxicity of Instagram for adolescent females.
If you’ve decided to quit Instagram for whatever reason, you have two options. Take a break, whether it be short or long-term (deleting your Instagram account permanently with no benefits) (deactivate your Instagram account with the intention of coming back later like Britney Spears).
Expert advice: save your files before deleting or turning off your account. Your information requests can be processed by the mobile browser, desktop, or app.
Use a web browser on your computer or mobile device if you want to permanently remove or deactivate your Instagram account. Instagram doesn’t allow you to delete or deactivate your account. Then, proceed with the help of this detailed instruction.
How to Delete Your Instagram Account?
- Visit Instagram.com and sign into your account.
- Go visit the website where you can delete your account.
- pick your account deletion reason from the drop-down menu.
- Re-enter the password that you just created. To erase, simply use your device’s delete button.
Instagram’s terms and conditions state that it will take 30 days to completely delete your account and all of its associated data. If you try to access your Instagram account during that time, you will be unable to do so.
How to Deactivate Your Instagram Account?
- visit Instagram.com and sign in.
- To edit your profile, click or tap your profile photo in the upper right, then select “Edit Profile.”
- Go down the page and hit the “Temporarily disable my account” button.
- Input your password a second time, and then select “Why are you disabling your account?” from the pull-down menu.
- Choose “Temporarily disable account” from the drop-down menu.
- See the Instagram app’s terms and conditions if you want to reactivate your profile.
How to Download Your Instagram Data?
From a Computer:
- Log into your account, go to your profile picture then click Settings.
- Choose the “Privacy and Security” tab.
- Choose Data Download from the menu, then select Request Download.
- fill in your email address and continue.
- log on to Instagram, then select Request Download and enter your password.
To access your Instagram information, look for an email with a link to it. When ready to start downloading your information, click Download Data and follow the on-screen instructions.
In the Instagram app:
- after logging in, navigate to your profile.
- Choose Settings by tapping the menu button (three vertical dots) in the upper right corner.
- Next, select “Download Data” from the “Security” menu.
- Click the “Request download” button after entering your email address.
- Then, press Done after entering your Instagram account’s password.
- To access your Instagram information, look for an email with a link to it. Just select Download Data and stick to the on-screen directions to get your data.
From a Mobile Browser:
- Access your profile by logging into your account.
- To access your privacy and security settings, follow these steps: 2.
- Choose Data Download > Request Download > Continue.
- after selecting Email, click the Next button.
- Go into Instagram using your username and password, and then go to your profile’s download page.
- To access your Instagram information, look for an email with a link to it. After selecting Download Data, adhere to the prompts to complete your data transfer.