How To Increase Torrent Download Speed By 300%?
You must also change the WiFi Network on your Chromecast device if you have changed to a new modem/router or moved to a new location.
Change WiFi Network on Chromecast
Chromecast won’t be able to automatically join to the new WiFi network created when you update or replace the router or modem in your home or office.
This occurs because it can only store one WiFi network at a time. In this situation, resetting Chromecast and configuring it from scratch is the only option to alter Chromecast’s WiFi network.
These are the instructions for manually resetting Chromecast using the Reset button and remotely resetting Chromecast using the Google Home app.
1. Manually Reset Chromecast and Connect to New WiFi Network
You can manually reset the Chromecast device to change the WiFi network if the Google Home App is not already installed on your iPhone or Android phone.
To accomplish this, hold down the Reset button on the Chromecast device while pressing and holding it down until the LED light stops flashing.
1. Verify that the Chromecast device is turned on and hooked into the TV (Light ON).
2. Hold down the reset button on the Chromecast device (next USB port or device back) until the flashing stops.
3. When the light stops flashing and is solid, release the reset button (without flashing).
4.Watch with patience as Chromecast reboots and completes the factory reset.
You can monitor the progress on your TV’s screen as the procedure takes roughly 2 to 3 minutes to complete.
You must setup Chromecast and connect it to the new WiFi network after the reset process is finished, using the instructions in this guide:
2. Change WiFi Network Using Google Home App
How to Install the Google Home App and Configure Chromecast.
To change the WiFi network on Chromecast, download and install the Google Home app from the Google Play Store (for Android phones) or the App Store (for iPhone users). Then, follow the steps below.
1. Turn on the television that is connected to your Chromecast device.
2. Launch the GoogleHome app and choose the Chromecast-connected device.
3. On the following screen, click the Settings icon in the top-right corner.
4.On the Device Settings screen, hit the three-dot icon. From the menu that displays, choose Factory Reset.
5. Tap the Factory Reset button to confirm on the confirmation pop-up.
6. Watch intently for the Reset procedure to be finished (you will be able to see the progress on the TV screen).