Snapchat is all about keeping in touch with your pals; your profile is hidden from strangers and your snaps are only shared with people you’ve added as friends.
You can keep your Snapchat account private, but you can also make it public if you like. In this way, your Snapchat material can be discovered and shared by other users. With a few taps, your profile may be made public, making it easy to gain followers and distribute your material.
What Is a Public Profile on Snapchat?
The new public profile option in Snapchat makes it possible for other users to discover your Snaps using the app’s search and browsing features, as well as when they show in the Spotlight. Sharing your Snapchat public profile on other social media networks will help you gain more Snapchat followers.
By default, only your friends can see your Snapchat stories and other material, but you can change this setting to make them visible to everyone with a Snapchat account. Other users can interact with you differently by subscribing to your account rather than adding you as a friend (and you can display your number of subscribers). You can still privately share content with friends without making it available to paying users.
Who Can Make a Public Profile on Snapchat?
Generally speaking, anyone can start a public Snapchat account. There are only a handful of restrictions:
- You must be 18 or older to participate.
- Your account must be at least 24 hours old, therefore no new accounts, please.
- There must be at least one mutual friend between you and your acquaintances.
- There can be no infractions of Snapchat’s rules on your account.
- If you match all of the requirements but still don’t see the option to create a public profile on Snapchat, it’s possible that you aren’t located in a location that supports the service.
How to Make a Public Profile on Snapchat?
A public profile can be created in a matter of minutes.
- Launch Snapchat by tapping the profile symbol in the upper left corner.
- Choose the Create Public Profile option from the Public Profile menu.
- A page detailing public profiles will load. Choose Next (or swipe right) and then Start to proceed.
- When the prompt appears, select Create.
How to Edit or Delete a Public Profile on Snapchat?
Snapchat’s public profile editing and deletion procedures
You can add or change your bio, location, and subscription status after making your profile public. In addition to reading articles, you can save them to your profile. Follow these steps:
- Choose the Snapchat profile icon in the upper left corner of the app.
- Choose My Public Profile from the Public Profile menu.
- At the top right, you’ll see a cog icon; tap that.
- Any of the following actions can be taken on the Manage Public Profile page:
- Upgrade your profile now. To modify your profile, including your photo, bio, and location, select the gear icon and then select Edit Profile. Swipe the button to the right to make your subscriber total visible to the public.
- Add tales to your library. You can make your Snaps searchable by everyone by storing them on your profile. Choose the Snaps you want to share by tapping Save a Story to your Profile.
- Talk about yourself. After selecting Share Profile from the pop-up window, the Snapcode can be copied by selecting Share Profile URL from the menu that appears. The code can then be used in other programs or services.
- Get rid of your online presence. A public profile doesn’t obligate you to do anything. Choose the Delete Public Profile option. Your regular Snapchat account will not be affected.