Using group texts or messages is a terrific way to stay in touch with several family members or friends at once. Also, you can utilise them for a brief group discussion at work or a group project at school. But what if the topic of talk has been covered and you would like to leave? I’ll describe how to leave a group text on Android smartphones in this article.
How to Leave a Group Text on Android in 2023
The process for leaving a group text on an Android phone is completely different from an iPhone. While using texting apps like Google Messages or SMS Messaging on Android, it is not possible to totally abandon a group text.
With your Android device, you can try to mute the group texts. On the other side, you can attempt to ban Android group text. Use the straightforward instructions below to leave group texts on Android:
Method 1: How to mute notifications from Group Text on Android
- First of all, you need to open the SMS messaging app on your Android device.
- After that open the group message that you would like to mute.
- Tap on the three dots menu button and then click on Group Details.
- Now you need to click on the Notifications section, and then finally tap on the toggle button to off next to Allow Notifications .
- Note that this will not let you leave a group text, but it will mute all the notifications from that group.
Method 2: How to block the group text on Android
- Open the inbuilt SMS messaging app on your Android device.
- Select the Group Text that you do not want.
- Now you will have to long-press on that Group Text message and select the option to block the sender from there. This way, you will no longer get any messages from the same sender again on your Android device because it will be blocked the next time he/she sends you a message.
- If the above step didn t work in blocking the message, then you can also try to delete the messages from your SMS app.
- Note that only after unblocking them on your message settings will allow you receive text messages from the same sender.
You don’t need to know anything more about how to exit group texts on an Android device. Check read our other guides on How to Activate Do Not Disturb on Samsung Galaxy Smartphones and How to Block Spam Texts on iPhone as well.