One of the most popular apps for a wide range of uses is WhatsApp. The site has rapidly become people’s go-to for contacting everyone from friends and family to coworkers and more.
If you want to share images, make video calls, and more, all you need is this one app.
But, you may customize your profile by uploading a photo to use as your “Display Picture,” or “DP,” just like on other platforms. For many reasons, WhatsApp DP setup might be a bit of a hassle.
Also, there may be times when you just wish to conceal your WhatsApp DP from a specific contact. Moreover, there are instances where the photo does not work for DP.
Do not fret; we have you covered. Here, we’ll walk you through the process of changing your WhatsApp display picture (DP), hiding it, and more. So, let’s get started.
How to Change Your Profile Picture?
There isn’t much of a learning curve involved in selecting a profile photo for WhatsApp. Just stick to these simple instructions:
- Bring up WhatsApp on your Apple or Android gadget.
- To access the settings menu, select the menu item by clicking the three vertical dots in the upper right corner.
- Your name and current status will appear on your Profile. A photo is clickable here. A blank gray area will appear if you don’t already have one.
- You are now at the profile editing page. Click the photo again, and then select Modify from the menu.
- Now either select an existing photo from your Gallery or snap a new one.
- After that, you’ll be prompted to crop the image so that it fits within a circular frame. Once you’ve selected a photo for your WhatsApp DP, click the Save button to apply it.
How to Hide Profile Photo on WhatsApp from a Particular Contact?
But, there is currently no method to restrict who can view your WhatsApp profile picture. In any case, there are two solutions to this problem.
- The first step is to remove the contact from your phone.
- You may adjust WhatsApp’s preferences by clicking the gear icon.
- To access your privacy settings, tap Account and then Privacy.
- You’ll find the option to cover your face there. There are three options available to you: everyone, my contacts, or nobody. Choose My Friends.
- As a result, the person you just erased from your contact list won’t be able to see your WhatsApp profile image anymore.
You can avoid this problem in another way by just blocking that contact. When contact is blocked on WhatsApp, all of their data is removed, including their profile picture, last seen time, messages, and more. Go to “contact” and then “click on their profile” to get started. Click the Block option that just appeared.
What is the Recommended Photo Size for WhatsApp DP?
It’s crucial to keep in mind that WhatsApp limits profile pictures to a certain maximum resolution of 160×160 pixels. WhatsApp suggests using an image with a resolution of 192 by 192 pixels or higher for profile images.
Nonetheless, a resolution of 500 by 500 pixels is recommended. Either a JPG or a PNG file would be OK. So, the image you post to WhatsApp should be square-shaped so that it can be displayed correctly.