How to Get Dark Mode on Snapchat? A Step To Step Guide In 2023!
Snapchat is one of the most widely used social media platforms, with over 500 million daily users.
Those who are enthusiastic about it may feel compelled to take pictures at all hours. Late-night smartphone use, however, has been linked to a variety of negative health effects. The quality of your sleep may suffer, and you can even get a headache from it.
In a dim setting, the brightness from a smartphone screen may be as blinding as if you were staring at a lighthouse. To put it bluntly, it’s not pleasant.
To save your eyes and your rest, a few apps have implemented a straightforward fix.
Let me explain the process for activating Snapchat’s night mode.
How Does Snapchat’s Dark Mode Work?
First, let’s make sure the fundamentals are covered.
What exactly is Snapchat’s “dark mode,” and why would you want to use it?
To lessen eye strain, many apps provide a blue-light reduction mode that can be toggled on and off.
Almost all screens display white text on a black background by default. Changing to Snapchat’s dark theme is as simple as learning how to switch themes.
Several factors suggest this could be a wise move:
The blue light waves given out by your screen are similar to those given off by the sun. They can alter your circadian cycle by making it seem like daytime when it’s actually nighttime. You can avoid serious eye strain by switching to night mode on Snapchat.
However, your eyes can dry up and strain from gazing at a screen for too long. Adjusting the colors makes the screen easier to read in low light and protects the eyes.
The final step: is nighttime mode Snapchat is more efficient in terms of battery life. There isn’t much of a change, but you’ll be able to stay on the site for a little longer before having to get up and find a charger.
Snapchat’s Nighttime Mode: How To Activate It?
Let’s get down to business now that you’re familiar with dark mode and understand why it’s necessary. You’re here because you want to know how to switch Snapchat to night mode.
The first factor is whether you’re using an iOS or Android device. In the following, I’ll outline the details of both choices and highlight their differences.
In that case, let’s start right away.
How to Get Dark Mode on Snapchat on iOs?
Once upon a time, Snapchat was an exclusive iOS app. There are now Android versions of the app, however, Apple users make up the app’s core demographic.
On the iPhone, Snapchat’s dark mode may be accessed with a few taps. These are the steps you must take:
- To access your Snapchat profile, launch the app and tap the profile icon in the upper left corner.
- The Settings menu can be accessed by tapping the cogwheel icon.
- Go to App Appearance by scrolling down the page.
- There will be a drop-down menu with three choices: Match System, Always Dark, and Always Bright.
- Choose Always Dark to make the display always dark.
- It’s important to remember that if you choose Match System, the app will just use the matching system on your device. As a result, Snapchat’s dark mode will be activated automatically if you have it turned on for your device. The app will reflect your choice to disable the feature.
Read More: How to Delete Snapchat On iOS & Android? A Complete Guide In 2023!
How to get Dark Mode in Snapchat on Android
Can you use Snapchat in the dark on Android?
Disciplinarily speaking, no.
But I discovered a solution after some investigation. It’s far from perfect. To do this, you must first download a previous version of Snapchat and then enable a system-wide dark mode via developer options.
But, it is (now) the sole alternative for Android users who value eye comfort late at night.
The following is a guide on how to enable Snapchat’s night mode on an Android device:
- To find the “About Phone” option, you’ll need to visit the “Settings” menu on your device.
- Locate the line that corresponds to your operating system version. This could be the device’s Build Number. MIUI is the operating system on my Xiaomi.
- Strike it seven times. To the best of my knowledge, you have just enabled developer mode on your phone.
- Return to the Settings menu and look for Developer Options. This might be found in the Advanced Options as well.
- Locate the Override force-dark toggle and turn it on.
- When you go to night mode, your device will automatically darken all of your apps. In the future, if an app doesn’t provide support for dark mode, Android will automatically reverse its colors.
Of course, I haven’t finished yet, because I’m going to show you how to switch Snap to its dark mode. Thankfully, this doesn’t affect the most recent updates to the software.
So, as I mentioned before, you’ll have to resort to using an older version.
For further information, please visit the APKMirror link below.
Go down and hit the Download APK button.
This will update Snapchat on your phone to version 10.72.0.0. Although this older version lacks some of the newest features, it does grant you access to Dark Mode.
Download and install the APK, then launch Snapchat with the developer mode’s dark mode enabled.
This article has shown you how to activate Snapchat’s Dark Mode on Android. You can see that everything reads properly and appears perfectly genuine.
Read More: How to Change Age on Tiktok? A Complete Guide In 2023!
Rooting Your Android Device to Enable Snapchat’s Night Mode
Of course, there’s also another option for Android users who want to enable dark mode on Snapchat. Nevertheless, you’ll need to root your device and install third-party apps like Swift in order to do so.
There is a degree of danger involved here. It allows you to have greater control over your device but disables several of its safety safeguards. Your phone could become unusable if this is not done properly. That’s why it’s strictly for your own risky use only.
I wouldn’t advise doing that unless you’re an experienced user who knows what you’re doing.