We tech lovers long for the ability to use computers and smartphones with several operating systems. Thankfully, we can set up virtual machines on our computers so that we can use several operating systems. You can even install a different OS on your Mac using VM. Yeah, we’re not just talking about Intel-based Macs here; the M1 Mac can now run VMware Fusion in macOS Monterey as well. Let us demonstrate for you how to achieve it.
What is VMware?
One of the most popular platforms for supporting virtual machines on various computers, including Windows and Macs, is VMware. Using VMware, you can select an OS to install on your machine.
Is VMware Fusion Available on M1 Mac?
Prior until now, only Intel-based Macs could run VMware, which presented challenges for M1 Mac owners. Fortunately, VMware just released the Fusion beta to work on Macs using the M1 platform. We’ll go over how to use it on your MacBook today.
How to Run VMware Fusion in macOS Monterey on M1 Mac
It’s simple to use VMware on your newest Mac. For the same, follow these steps:
- Open a browser on your Mac and visit VMware.
- You will see the file VMware Fusion Technology Preview 21H1 (for ARM) . Click Download Now right next to it.
- You will get to the sign-in page. Log in using your VMware ID or create a new account to continue.
- Once you log in to your VMware account, the download will automatically begin.
- Lastly, install the app like usual.
After completing this process, your M1 Mac will be able to run VMware Fusion in macOS Monterey. Now, you can effortlessly install any OS of your choice on your M1 Mac using VMware Fusion. Check out our articles on other subjects, such as How to Play Windows Games on a Mac and How to Install Windows on a Mac.