What Happens When You Change Your DNS To 184.108.40.206?
Media may be streamed from laptops and desktop computers to TVs using Google’s Chromecast device. You will find below the methods to Utilize Chromecast on Laptop or Desktop PCs.
Use Chromecast On Laptop or Desktop Computer
You must connect the Chromecast device to the TV and configure it before using Chromecast on a laptop or desktop computer.
Formerly, the Chromecast App needed to be downloaded on desktop and laptop computers in order to finish the setup process.
But, Google no longer supports Chromecast App, thus utilising Google Home App on a mobile device is the only option to finish the setup of a Chromecast Device (Phone or Tablet).
The mobile device and Home App are no longer necessary to use Chromecast on your laptop or desktop computer after the initial setup process is over.
In light of this, let’s look at how to utilise Chromecast on a laptop and a desktop computer.
1. Attach Chromecast Device to TV
The first step, as previously said, is to connect your Chromecast device to your home television.
1. Connect the USB end of the Chromecast to USB power adapter and the HDMI end of the Google Chromecast device to the HDMI port on your home TV (See image below).
2. Next, modify the source input on your TV using the remote control of your home television to match the HDMI port (HDMI 1, HDMI 2) where the Chromecast device is connected in.
Note:Pressing the InputorSource button on the majority of remote controls will change the input source.
Make sure the television display changes to the chosen HDMI Port by pressing the corresponding button on the remote control.
The Chromecast gadget is now attached to your television successfully. Setting up the Chromecast Device to use your WiFi network is the next step.
2. Setup Chromecast Using Google Home App
The following step is to configure Chromecast using the Google Home app on any mobile device after Chromecast has been connected to the TV (Phone or Tablet).
1. Download the Google Home app to your Android device from the Google Play Store or, if you have an iPhone, the App Store.
2. Open the Home App after downloading it, then touch Agree to accept the terms and conditions.
3.On the Home Screen, tap onSet up 1 deviceoption.
4. Choose Home and then press Next on the following screen.
5. Hold off till the Google Home App locates your Chromecast device before tapping Agree to proceed.
6. You should now be able to see aCode on the screens of your phone and TV. If you can see the code on the TV screen, click Yes.
7.To proceed to the following step, select either Yes, I’m in or No thanks on the following screen.
So, the next step is to choose a location for your business.
9. Choose your WiFi network and touch Next on the following screen.
10. Enter your WiFi network password to complete the Chromecast setup procedure.
3. Download & Install Google Chrome
Google’s Chrome browser is the perfect companion for the Chromecast device. In order to download and install the Chrome Browser on your laptop or desktop computer, please follow the procedures listed below.
1. On your laptop or desktop computer, launch the default Edge browser.
2. Visit the website for Google Chrome and install the most recent version of the browser on your computer.
3. Click on Save after choosing the location of the ChromeSetup.exe file on your PC.
4. Double-click the ChromeSetup.exe file that you downloaded.
5.Await the installation of the Google Chrome browser on your PC.
4. How to Use Chromecast on Laptop
Once set up, the Chromecast device may be used to display content from your laptop or desktop computer, including Netflix movies, YouTube videos, and other media.
1. Launch the Chrome browser on your desktop or laptop.
2. Choose the “Cast” option from the drop-down menu by clicking the “3-dots menu” icon.
3. Any YouTube or Netflix video you play on your computer will be projected onto the big screen of your home television.
As an alternative: After starting the video or movie on your computer, click the Cast icon in the top-right corner of the screen.
The video or movie will start playing right away on the big screen of your television.